Women's Growth Groups
Please carefully read the information below to ensure a clear understanding of Growth Groups and the required commitment before registering.
If you have any questions, please contact the Church Office at 260-489-4942.
Growth Groups (GGs) are designed to help the women of Headwaters Church live out the calling of Philippians 1:27: “Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ…standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel.” GGs work toward this calling by gathering women monthly in small groups with the purpose of fellowship around the Word and encouragement to pursue wholehearted love and devotion to Jesus Christ. As sisters in Christ seek personal accountability and speak the truth in love to one another, the prayer is the “we will grow up in every way into…Christ.” (Eph. 4:15)
How do Growth Groups work?
• GGs are intended for the women of Headwaters Church who are 18 years of age and older.
• GGs will consist of a total of 5 women or less. Each group will be led by a facilitator. GGs will include women representing various stages of life.
• GGs will meet one time a month (Sept-May) for 2 hours at a time determined by the GG members with the goal of ALL participants being at every meeting.
• GGs will meet in the home of the group facilitator or a participant. This year a Zoom group may also be offered for those not comfortable meeting in person. In an effort to provide a distraction-free and confidential environment, it is requested that children and guests not attend under any circumstance.
• GGs will use a book/resource as a guide for group discussions. All groups will use the same material selected by GG leadership.
• Women desiring to be a part of GGs must register/submit the online application below. Once all applications have been received, they will be reviewed by GG leadership who will then form the groups.
What book will we be working through?
• “Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health” by Donald S. Whitney
What can I expect?
• GGs are designed to encourage candid discussions centered on God’s Word, Christ’s sufficiency, and viewing all of life through the lens of Scripture.
• GGs are intended to foster transparency, authenticity, accountability, teachability, humility, growth in Christlikeness, and a deeper love for Jesus: all in a safe and confidential environment.
What does my commitment involve?
• Participating in the assigned GG for the entire Sept-May cycle by attending all meetings.
• Coming to each meeting ready to participate by having all assigned material completed.
• Upholding an environment of confidentiality by keeping what is said in GGs within the group.
• Remembering to speak the truth in love in coming alongside one another and focus discussions on the truths of Scripture and how they can be applied to all aspects of life.
Please continue with registration if you have a clear understanding of the purpose of Growth Groups and the commitment required, desire to be a participant, and are ready to take this intentional step toward personal spiritual growth