Christ centered, church-based counseling & counseling training.
We live in a broken world marked by sin, suffering, and shattered relationships. Headwaters Biblical Counseling exists to provide Christ centered hope and help to those who are hurting by using God's Word to inform and instruct their situation, bringing about transformed lives and relationships resulting in lasting change and joy.
What is Biblical Counseling
- Biblical Counseling is the process where the Bible is related individually to a person(s) struggling under the weight of suffering and/or sin, in such a way they find lasting hope, help and real change.
- Biblical counseling is practical and effective, viewing each person as a physical, emotional, cognitive, and relational being created in the image of God.
- Biblical counseling involves a biblical understanding of our circumstances, relationships and past. It involves understanding and realigning ourselves with God's intent, will and purpose for our lives and relationships.
- Biblical counseling involves understanding what our Creator says regarding the causes of our behavior and why we do what we do.
- Biblical counseling values the local church in the process of one’s change of heart. Heart change brings about life change, but this occurs most effectively in true Christian community, the local church.
- The goal of biblical counseling isn't simply behavior change, but rather a change of the heart that leads to Christ likeness.
Our mission is to provide Christ centered hope and help to those who are hurting. We do that by using God's Word to inform and instruct themselves, their relationships, and circumstances, with the hopes of bringing about transformed lives and relationships, resulting in lasting change and joy.
In addition to counseling, we are passionate about training others to do biblical counseling. Our counseling training is designed to equip the body of Christ to confidently and lovingly minister God’s Word to those looking for answers to life’s troubles and questions.
As a church-based counseling center, we are committed to providing a high level of integrity, truth, and quality control in soul care and biblical counseling. That means that we hold to a set of theological and doctrinal truths based on God’s all authoritative and sufficient Word, the Bible. Each of our counselors hold to and agree with the following:
- Headwaters Church Statement of Faith
- Statement on Mental Disorders, Medicine & Counseling
- Headwaters Biblical Counseling Standards of Conduct